Forecasting for F/W 2014, the two highlighted inspiration/mood are Black Magic and Dark Romantic. Looking through the different silhouettes for the season I fell in love. It’s Gothic Chic to the fullest in my opinion.
The Black Magic Look.
- High-waist pant with innovative shapes, glossy leather fabric, printed satin tops w/ twisted center front detail, and polish high heel loafer.
- Boiled wool for long coat, Bathe skirts w/ marble print, simple ribbed knit turtleneck sweater, and copper tone jewelry.
- Boxy double jackets w/ structured knotted tie collar, cashmere wool with rounded sleeves, gabardine twill pants are biker-inspired w/ knee-pad detail, and fabrics that sports a structured skin-type surface.
- Leather skirts mimic structured crocodile skin, ribbed high neck sweaters w/ quilted sleeves, waist bag, and knee-high boots to add drama.
The Dark Romantic Look.
- Long lace print coat, fine crochet knit bib mini-dress, infuse feather w/ suede wrap belt, and printed clutch bag to complete the look with depth.
- Lace tank top over the silhouette, crêpe de chine shirt, and wide pleated herringbone pants billow with weight.
- A long printed chiffon shirt-dress, long tailored blazer jacket, attached fabric belt as a loose closure, and chunky ankle boots.
- The velvet wrap dress is the emerging shape, lace top underneath, lace leggings, and a leather belt to accentuate the waist.
My favorite look is 3 from Dark Romantic, the long shirt-dress. I also enjoy the long skirt in the Black Magic.
These are the colors being used, but I’m going to do further research on forecast colors for the F/W 2014 season in a different post.
So, look out for these references in stores or online when fall comes. I know I will.
Resource: StyleSight/Allegory Lookbook